Do you need an extra dosage of Caffeine to boost your energy? Don’t want to take your regular cup of coffee? Then you can have Caffeine pills by the advice of your doctor instead of coffee as a temporary substitute for your daily caffeine dosage.
However, let’s drill down more to learn about caffeine, caffeine pills or are caffeine pills safe? How does caffeine pills work? How much dosage should be taken to satisfy your daily caffeine intake? Who wins the battle, Caffeine Pills or Coffee?
What is Caffeine?
Caffeine the natural stimulant used by millions or billions of people as a source to boost their morning wake up calls daily. Indeed, this natural stimulant is the most commonly used ingredient around the globe. One can find this natural stimulant in tea, coca plants, and coffee. According to recent studies, about 80% of the population around the world consumes caffeinated products on a daily basis. Moreover, 90% of North American adults consume caffeine through multiple caffeinated products.
Caffeine stimulates the brain and central nervous system that helps you to keep alert while preventing the body from dizziness and tiredness. Normally, you can find this natural stimulant in nature specifically in seeds, leaves of specific plants and nuts.
Additionally, these natural resources then harvested pass through the refined process to produce caffeinated products, foods, and brews. Cite below is the list of most popular brews that contain a certain amount of caffeine. The measuring scale is based upon 8oz (240 ml).
- Espresso: 240–720 mg.
- Yerba mate: 65–130 mg.
- Brewed tea: 40–120 mg.
- Decaffeinated coffee: 3–12 mg.
- Chocolate milk: 2–7 mg.
- Coffee: 102–200 mg.
- Energy drinks: 50–160 mg.
- Soft drinks: 20–40 mg.
- Cocoa beverage: 2–7 mg.
About Caffeine Pills and is it Safe? How does it work?
Caffeine pills gained popularity in a very short time. As these are considered to be as most effective immediate energy boosters. Furthermore, people during work or study consume this to stay active, enhance memory, avoid laziness and increase focus. However, the consumption of high dosage can cause multiple side effects too. Also,
these caffeine pills may not be safe and recommended for everyone.
Caffeine pills satisfy the deficiency of daily caffeine intake. Generally, caffeine pills contain the synthetic or natural form of caffeine. Hence, the amount of caffeine in caffeine pills varies based upon the company brand person is using. Roughly every tablet can have 100 mg to 200 mg of caffeine. This amount of caffeine is majorly lying between regular coffees. However, this amount is greater than many soft drinks.
According to the Food and Drug Authority (FDA), consumption of caffeine must not exceed 400 mg per day to fulfill the caffeine deficit. Hence, taking 2 tablets per day won’t cause any negative effect on the body and brain. However, here you can still find out more about our caffeine pills safe or not?
Are Caffeine Pills Safe?
Caffeine pills are the safest if taken at moderation level. The moment you exceed the caffeine by consuming it from other sources then caffeine pills could increase the high risk and can cause serious side effects.
However, the effect of caffeine can be varied from person to person depends upon the sensitivity of each person consuming it. The reaction of caffeine pills and other caffeinated supplements can be low or adverse based upon individual needs.
Generically, the doctor specifies the few groups that must limit their caffeine intake through any source i.e. from caffeine pills to other sources. Here is the following doctor’s recommendation:
- Individuals that are sensitive and prone to cause adverse caffeine reactions.
- Individuals that are currently breastfeeding, pregnant or trying to conceive a baby
- Children and adolescents
- Individuals facing slight symptoms of headache or migraine.
- Individuals having medical conditions of high blood pressure, Gastro-Esophageal Reflux disease (GERD) or any heart disease.
Notably, it is important to understand the fact that caffeine pills are not similar to pure caffeine powders. Pure caffeine powders are relatively more dangerous. Furthermore, these powder form caffeine substances, even 0.15 tablespoon which is roughly 1200 mg of caffeine can cause a toxic effect on the body and brain that includes seizures.
Recently, to protect public consumers from consuming pure caffeine powder, the FDA has tremendously taken huge steps. FDA itself monitor the companies that observe the manufacturing of caffeine pills and other caffeinated products. While making sure no product contains any pure caffeine or high caffeine concentration. Furthermore, the FDA also ensures the maintenance of caffeine safety levels. However, the FDA has the full right to stop caffeine manufacturing or can seize the company on the violation of any rule or abiding any safety policy.
Caffeine Pills VS Coffee:
One cannot neglect the fact the coffee is the first word we love to call and hear in the morning. This caffeinated beverage fueled our bodies, recharged our energy level and turns lazy, dizzy wake-up morning into active, focused and energetic. Although, in recent trends, many beverages and food take over the coffee. Caffeine pills are one of them. This product has boomed amazingly in the past few decades and became much popular among adults. There are so many reasons why people are inclining towards this source of caffeine. Cited below will eventually help you in understanding the caffeine pills as a substitute of coffee:
- People find the taste of coffee quite bitter. So they add sugar, heavy creams (extra fat) to satisfy their taste buds. Whereas, in caffeine pills, you don’t have to add more calories while boosting your energy and fulfill caffeine daily intake.
- Coffee is composed of acidic reactions that can irritate the gastrointestinal tract and produce heartburn. This could swear if you drink black coffee. On the contrary, caffeine pills help in eliminating acid. However, the increase of the reflux system, the natural side effect of caffeine is still present in coffee or caffeine pills or other caffeinated products.
- In addition to caffeine, there are few other components present in coffee including coffee oils likewise cafestol and kahweol which will increase the cholesterol level in different people. Therefore, the larger the cup of unfiltered coffee, the higher will be the cholesterol level among different people. However, in caffeine pills, you don’t have to worry about coffee oils to increase your cholesterol levels.
- Caffeine is diuretic, so in both caffeine pills and coffee individuals can experience the increase of urine output. However, the consumption of caffeine in the liquid form leads different people to frequently use the bathroom rather than consuming caffeine from solid. So it is highly recommended for long-haul truckers, bus drivers and train conductors to consume caffeine pills
- An individual can count on caffeine pills over a coffee cup. Hence, the overdose and high-risk side effects can be managed more easily in caffeine pills.
Hence, at the end of the day which side you are fighting for? Caffeine pills vs coffee? Whatever choice you made the most important part is to take this natural to stimulate at a moderation level.
Caffeine Pills or Coffee – FAQs:
Q1: At which age children can have caffeine?
A: Ideally, it is not recommended for a child below 12 to consume any sort of caffeine. Although, it won’t affect the growth of your child still caffeine is a drug that may cause reactions. Parents and guidance should pay proper attention to their child’s drinking consumption.
Q2: Is caffeine overdose a real thing?
A: Overdosing any drug can lead to serious issues and can lead to high risk that can cause death. However, caffeine has a rare case of life-threatening due to overdose. The caffeine overdose leads to death can only be happened when taken as a dietary supplement or in caffeine pills. Whereas, during coffee, you can only face side effects.
Q3: Which one is better caffeine in liquid or in a pill?
A: It solely depends upon the type of person. One can consume the pills to complete daily caffeine intake during busy schedules and others can enjoy the mesmerizing aroma of freshly brewed coffee in hot water or mixed with any substance that satisfies the taste buds while satisfying the caffeine pleasure.
Q4: Can Caffeine pills affect fertility?
A: no particular studies are revealing the dosage of caffeine pills to affect fertility. Although the doctor recommends going for precautionary measures by limiting caffeine consumption. As early pregnancy loss can take place by consuming more than 300 mg or 600 mg per day can cause miscarriage.
Q5: How does Caffeine Pills work?
A: Caffeine pills come with affordable packages and can cost you an up-to-the cup of coffee you order from the shop. Normally, each caffeine pills contains 100-200 mg of caffeine so an individual can have 1 to 2 caffeine pills each day. It’s important to stay safe by keeping a note on the number of pills the individual has taken in a day.